Updates.

July 8. The July Activity Check has ended! Any characters not represented in the check have been archived!

June 29. A new rule has been added to Storybrooke's essentials. Please check out the announcements board for more details.

April 11. Our latest town event has launched! A fundraiser to help put awareness into the wildlife surrounding Storybrooke! The festival includes a series of stalls housing food, crafts, games and all sorts of entertainment for people of all ages to enjoy, supported by Storybrooke volunteers, neighbors and friends! Be sure to stop by!

watch our video

Featured Want Ads
Site Stats
Heroes
Villains
Sidekicks
Neutrals
links Rules.
The Plot.
Canon List.
Who's Who.
Face Claims.
Application.
Want Ads.
Plotters.
Advertise.

Add Reply
New Poll

The Best Laid Plans [Blue Moon], Mr. Gold // Mal
this member is currently Offline
Villains
KILLIAN JONES { Killian } 30 years old Male He/him Heterosexual Harbor Master / Captain of the Jolly Roger
this was posted Feb 7 2018, 09:04 PM

that croc got my hand wanna tear out his spine

they tell me i could be set free

This was it.

There was no magic during this...whatever was going on. Had the curse lifted? Or was this no more than a fluke? Captain Hook didn't give a rat's ass what the hell was going on, he had one goal in mind, and not a single person or a single thing was going to deter him from finally getting his revenge. Pan's words hadn't been enough to sway him from not going after Rumpelstiltskin, and why would they? The green-clad eternal lad was not on the pirate's good side. A pawn, hah! Like Hook would allow that to happen again! No, he had a plan. Instead of marching up to that shitty pawn shop, he was going to make the crocodile come to him. By a stroke of good luck, or maybe it was a few strokes of good luck, Hook had managed to come into possession of a cell phone belonging to one very important brunette in Storybrooke. Or actually...Mr. Smee was the one who had come across it.

That's how all of this had started.

With a cell phone in his possession – being held onto by one first mate, Hook had his own phone ready, standing aboard his ship and staring out towards town up near the bow. He would be able to see that bloody crocodile coming from a mile away, and that was the intent. To lure the Dark One here and finally end it. He was powerless! While one might have called that a 'cheap shot' and not necessarily 'good form'...the leather-clad man had to take his advantages were he could get them. He could make up for it later, even if it did bruise his belief that fair fights were the best. Then again, what was so fair about going up against such a powerful being like Rumpelstiltskin? Nothing was fair about that, not on a normal day, anyways. However, today was not 'normal' by any stretch. Hook felt strongly about this one, he was finally going to do it. He was going to avenge not only his lost hand, but Milah as well, just as he had set out to do since he watched her crumble to the deck after having her heart crushed to dust.

The bitter feelings regarding those memories never faded. It didn't matter if it was a year ago or a hundred years ago, the feeling was still rather raw...and the pirate had nothing else to live for after all of that. He had found his happiness in that woman...it had been her choice to leave Rumple behind – with a plan to return for Baelfire! Though that had obviously not worked out. They could have been so happy...and then...well, the rest was history. “Captain?” Blue eyes flickered over towards the red-capped stoutly man standing beside and slightly behind him. “You said you wanted me off the ship...so that you could face the Dark One on your own but...are you sure that's wise?” Ever the logical one, or annoying, Mr. Smee. A heavy agitated sigh rolled out of Hook's lips as he turned and focused more on his phone than the man before him. “After how many years of sailing, and then being cursed...and yet you still question me?” He practically hissed, having the number he wanted pulled up and hitting the little green button that would be the start of this master plan.

“But Capt-” Hook held up his hooked arm as if to roughly, but silently, tell him to shut the hell up. Waiting a few moments, silence floating over the duo...what once was an irritated scowl formed into the most smug and vile of smirks. “...Missing something, Crocodile?” He greeted, leaving his words be as ominous and vague as possible.

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone, I long for that feeling to not feel at all. The higher I get, the lower I'll sink. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim
canon character This character is Captain Hook from Peter Pan. Known as Killian here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Devilishly Handsome. "When I jab you with my sword you'll feel it"
Neutrals
MR. GOLD { Mr. Gold } ??? years old Male He/him Heterosexual Pawn shop owner
this was posted Apr 11 2018, 11:31 PM
Mr. Gold

Things that were very rare were said to happen "once in a blue moon." Of course, most people in this world didn't realize just how powerful a blue moon actually was. Oh, the moon itself was useful in performing certain rituals, in cultivating ingredients for spells, but the blue moon? Ten times the power. It was, after all, quite a rare occurrence, which was what made it special, of course.

This particular blue moon, however, appeared to have more magic in it than even Rumpelstiltskin had expected. There was something about the properties of the moon itself and the way it interacted with the aura around Storybrooke that he never would have been able to predict. It was, essentially, creating a temporary shield from the curse, the way that the town was shielded from the rest of the world. If his calculations were correct, while the light of the blue moon fell over the town, the residents would be able to remember their true lives. It would be fascinating, really, if the man wasn't fully prepared for quite a few of the townsfolk to want to try to hunt him down, considering just who he really was.

Still, if he could manage to properly observe the influence of this phenomenon up close, he might be able to figure out a way to recreate the effect at a later date. It wouldn't break the curse, which was what he really needed, but it would certainly be something to pass the time. It had been quite some time since he'd had a magical problem, one that needed careful study and experimentation, and he sorely missed it.

He was just considering where he might start in working to figure all of this out when his cell phone rang. Very few people called him, even though he was landlord for quite a lot of the town, and he frowned down at the phone when he pulled it from his pocket. At least, until he saw who was calling him.

"What a pleasant surprise," he said, the smile in his voice evident. It quickly faded when he heard the voice on the other end of the call, and it was certainly not the one he'd been expecting.

"Hook," he growled, the hand that wasn't holding the phone tightening around his cane. "How did you get this phone? What have you done with Belle?" If he'd hurt her, oh, the pirate would have hell to pay. He might not have magic here, but that wouldn't stop him from beating the pirate senseless if he needed to.

I feel it deep within, It's just beneath the skin; I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I hate what I've become; The nightmare's just begun. I must confess that I feel like a monster

canon character This character is Rumpelstiltskin from The Miller. Known as Mr. Gold here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Cunning. ""I like small weapons, you see. The needle; the pen; the fine point of a deal.""
Villains
KILLIAN JONES { Killian } 30 years old Male He/him Heterosexual Harbor Master / Captain of the Jolly Roger
this was posted Apr 12 2018, 10:17 PM

It was a semi-fool proof plan, right? Luring the Dark One to the Jolly Roger, right where this quest for revenge began...and then what? Did he just plan on cutting the man through? What sort of torture could one Captain Hook inflict on a powerless Rumpelstiltskin? The thought, the possibilities, they made the pirate damn near giddy. All it took was a misplaced cell phone and the plan was off – good ol' Mister Smee for being the proper rat for this particular job. Shushing the other man as he had brought the cell phone to his ear, Hook had a smirk on his face, the rather wicked tone to his voice would likely be heard. That desire to send a shiver down any man's spine. No, he didn't have Belle, but the less Rumpelstiltskin knew, the better. The quicker he could lure that...bloody crocodile out here, the sooner all of this could be done and over with.

Revenge was on the horizon – or so Hook was anticipating.

Hearing that growl, the actual agitation of the Dark One, it gave Hook more satisfaction than it probably should have. This was just a phone call, imagine just witnessing the look on the other man's face? If he decided to show...that is. What magic was he going to hide behind today? None. Did that mean his oldest nemesis was just as cowardly as when they had met? That was something Hook intended to figure out, and rather quickly. “Tsk, tsk, tsk,” He started into the phone, staring to move about the deck of the Jolly Roger in an idle manner, as if chatting with a friend for hours. “Well aren't we just full of questions today, Dark One? Worry not, my old Crocodile...it's not what I've done to her...it's what I will do to her that you should be worried about.” Though if given the opportunity...and Hook could get his hand and hook on that precious brunette? You can bet he'd make good on his word. If Rumple could rip Milah from him, he could do the same to Belle.

“I get that you're a busy man, so I'll keep it brief. If...you want to see your precious Belle alive and unharmed...maybe it's time you and I get together for a little reunion. If you want her back...all you have to do is come and take her.” Damn near replicating what he had said to the poor sod that first time he had boarded the Jolly Roger when seeking out his wife. “Unless you're too much of a coward. We've been through this once before, haven't we?” Milah had left willingly, and Hook had given Rumple an opportunity to fight for his wife...but he cowered away from the opportunity, and that had been enough for the pirate. Would things be different? While magic wasn't in play, was there any chance that the Dark One had grown in courage? The thought was almost enough to get a chuckle out of Hook. Would he take the bait though?

“Better hurry up, Crocodile. I'm not a patient man...in other words...tick tock.”

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone, I long for that feeling to not feel at all. The higher I get, the lower I'll sink. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim
canon character This character is Captain Hook from Peter Pan. Known as Killian here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Devilishly Handsome. "When I jab you with my sword you'll feel it"
Neutrals
this was posted Apr 14 2018, 06:54 PM
Mr. Gold

Oh, he should have killed the man when he had the chance; Captain Hook had been a thorn in Rumpelstiltskin's side for quite long enough. He had taken Milah from him, had kept Bae from being raised by both of his parents, and now, he thought he could take Belle from him and get away with it. Well, that was not in the cards for Killian Jones.

Unluckily for the pirate, Rumpelstiltskin had been through much in the past 300 years. He wasn't simply about to let the pirate pull the same stunt he had all that time ago. This time, despite his limp, despite everything, he was going to do something about it. Because this time, he wasn't afraid. This time, he wouldn't be leaving behind a child who wasn't yet old enough to care for himself, and this time, he would not shy away from doing what needed to be done.

Killian taunted that it wasn't what he'd done with Belle, but what he was going to do that Rumpelstiltskin needed to be worried about, and the pawn shop owner felt himself bristling.

"If you harm one hair on her head, I swear I will make you pay," he said, his voice low and threatening. The pirate might not think he'd changed, but then again, he hadn't exactly faced him since Rumpelstiltskin had cut off his hand. The pirate was in for a rude awakening.

It was at that point that he issued his challenge, the same one he'd given to him before: fight the pirate to save the woman he loved. Mr. Gold looked around his shop, instantly locating the weapon for which he'd been searching. If Hook wanted a duel, then a duel he would get.....at the point of his own blade, the one Rumpelstiltskin still had from all those years ago.

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes," he growled into the phone. Hook thought he could best him, but Rumpelstiltskin was not about to let the pirate win. He had a few tricks up his sleeves, after all, and he didn't mean magic. There had been a time he'd fought Charming himself, who had been one of the greatest swordsmen in the land, to a standstill. He had more skill than the pirate gave him credit for, and more brains than the entirety of Hook and his crew combined. He was not going to lose, not today.

KILLIAN JONES || I love this suit || GOOD LUCK, KILLIAN
I feel it deep within, It's just beneath the skin; I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I hate what I've become; The nightmare's just begun. I must confess that I feel like a monster

canon character This character is Rumpelstiltskin from The Miller. Known as Mr. Gold here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Cunning. ""I like small weapons, you see. The needle; the pen; the fine point of a deal.""
Villains
this was posted Apr 16 2018, 09:54 AM

Because poking bears had never registered with this pirate as being a 'bad' thing. Even if those bears just so happened to be the Dark One, Hook was still just...poking away. Of course, there was no magic here, that meant that he wasn't at such a disadvantage, right? It mean that this Captain had a fighting chance at finally achieving his revenge after how many years of endless torment? It made Hook grin wickedly, now if only he had gotten to actually see the look on old Rumpelstiltskin's face during this lovely phone conversation, that would have made this revenge all the sweeter, wouldn't it? Oh well, he'd settle for the outcome. Finally...he'd get his revenge, and then what?

That was a plan he could tend to later.

He took idle steps aboard the ship's main deck, practically having a bounce in his step as he eagerly spoke towards his oldest of enemies – over a phone of all things! “Now there's a man who sounds determined! A bloody shame you couldn't find that once before...then perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation. Milah wouldn't have died...Baelfire wouldn't have grown without his parents, Belle would be safe and sound...and maybe...juuuuust maybe, you could have rid yourself of a cowardly title.” Because every little taunt was worth it, it inspired something within the pirate. As if snappy comebacks and nasty words could further boost his confidence, he just wanted to make this Dark One squirm, just as he had done all those years ago. “I'll see you in fifteen, don't keep me waiting.”

Hanging up the phone, inhaling a deep breath, the sea-salt air was more delightful today than ever. “Ah, victory never smelled so good.” Yet...Hook was putting the carriage before the horse, that was for sure. With a blade at his side, a spring in his step and now along aboard his ship, all he had to do was wait. A few pacing steps now and again, the time ticking away in his head, he was so looking forward to this. More than any man should look forward to a duel, or whatever it was Rumple intended to bring to the table. Certainly not magic, it meant he was on equal footing with this pirate, and yes, maybe that was Hook exploiting a situation to get what he wanted...but hey. Pirate.

The sounds of buoy bells ringing off, the waves crashing into the Jolly Roger, it brought Hook back several decades. A man with two hands, an ego the size of the entire Enchanted Forest, a lovely lass on his arm...and suddenly all those good things had been dented, banged up, left high and dry with nothing more than a bitter heart left behind. Oh yes, something good was coming of this...memory-fluke that came across Storybrooke.

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

Neutrals
this was posted Apr 21 2018, 05:12 PM
Mr. Gold

If Killian Jones was expecting Rumpelstiltskin to simply lie down and take whatever he threw at him, the pirate was sorely mistaken. He was going to fight, and he was going to fight well. They had dueled once before, after all, and though he'd used magic so that he didn't have to deal with his leg, he'd fought him the old-fashioned way. All he had to do now was stay on his feet and use the skills he had.

Even then, he was prepared for the pirate to fight dirty; that was what they did after all. If that sort of thing happened, he was prepared. He was quite capable of thinking on his feet, and he'd be able to come up with something on the spot.

Hook taunted him, telling him that it was a shame he hadn't been able to muster this same energy the very first time the pirate had challenged him. Rumpelstiltskin could feel the scowl forming on his face at the pirate's words; circumstances had been different, then. Not that it would change anything if he tried to tell the pirate that; he would probably just taunt him more mercilessly. And if he had fought Hook that day, it would have changed everything, the entire course of not just his life, but everyone with whom he'd interacted as the Dark One.

The pirate told him not to keep him waiting, and Rumpelstiltskin let out a bitter laugh as he hung up the phone. "Oh, don't worry; I won't," he murmured, picking up the sword he'd selected for this duel. He'd have to take his cane with him, using it with his left hand while his right wielded the sword. This particular sword had once belonged to the captain, and it would be such poetic justice to use it against him now.

He made his way down to the docks, sword in one hand, cane in the other, his mouth a thin line of determination. Rumpelstiltskin marched resolutely onto the deck of the Jolly Roger, instantly finding the pirate.

"Looks like you finally realized you'll never be able to win," he commented, an easy smirk on his face. His eyes were hard, and it was clear that he was angry, but right now, he wanted to anger Hook, as well, get him to make a mistake. After all, two could play that game.

KILLIAN JONES || Still this lovely thing. || Rumple's gonna beat yo' ass.

Villains
this was posted May 1 2018, 10:26 AM

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

The minutes passed by, that feeling of success growing closer, stronger and more obtainable with each passing minute. This was what Captain Hook had been waiting for. Shame it took so long, but better late than never, right? Maybe this curse thing wasn't so bad! It'd eventually landed the man on the right path, a means to slay the Dark One. After all this time, revenge was going to be his. The sly little grin on the pirate's lips couldn't be smothered, but why would he want to shove his obvious delight in all of this away? He stared towards the water, eyes frequently searching the docks for any sign of Rumpelstiltskin. The heart in his chest thundered, it wasn't nerves that was making Hook anxious, but that...victory he so longed for, it was on the horizon. Then what? Who the bloody hell cared? This was turning out to be better than he had anticipated at first. He wasn't going against magic, which meant that...his life would still be intact at the end of it all.

Blue eyes finally caught sight of the man he wanted to see. He sure didn't look like a crocodile, not anymore anyways...but that didn't change what he was. A bloody demon, a monster. Here Hook was doing the world a favor, ridding it of this...beast. "There he is, the man of the hour! Color me surprised, I didn't think you'd actually show." The sly grin finally toned itself down to more of a smirky scowl, moving to stand on top of one of the hatches that led to the lower decks, Hook waited, hand not even itching for the hilt of the dark blade that rested at his side – Milah's old sword – wouldn't it be rather ironic? Slaying the Dark One with his former wife's sword? However, spotting what Rumpel had brought with him did bring an itch of irritation to the leather-clad pirate. It seemed they both were seeking out ironies today.

The humorless laugh that escaped the pirate's lips practically rang in the air, hopping down from the hatch and making a slow approach towards the Roger's latest guest. “In case you haven't noticed...you're out of luck here.” While he didn't get too close to the little imp, Hook could feel that desire to just run his blade through the man and call it a day, but where was the fun in that? A little torment was never out of the question! He'd waited so long for this, may as well make it count and savor the moment. “Are you still just as eager to fight for what you want? After all...a man unwilling to fight for what he wants...deserves what he gets.” He quoted himself, still firmly believing in the words he had spoken all those years ago.

Reaching for the hilt of his blade, pulling the sword out and letting it rest at his side in a loose grip, Hook tapped a few fingertips against the hilt in an anxious manner. “Tell me, Crocodile...what magic are you going to hide behind today?”

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

Neutrals
this was posted May 31 2018, 08:59 PM
Mr. Gold

Rumpelstiltskin knew full well that the pirate intended to win this duel, but the Dark One had a habit of surviving. Today would be no different. Just because he had a limp and no magic didn't mean that Killian Jones would be able to get the best of him. He'd mastered many skills over the course of his long life, and swordplay was only one of those. It had been a while since he'd practiced the art, of course, and at that point, he'd had two good legs (thanks to his magic), but he was still as adept as ever.

Besides, the very first time they had met, the first time the pirate had challenged him to a duel, Rumpelstiltskin had had a choice: fight the pirate to keep his so-called honour intact and lose his life, thereby leaving his son an orphan; or appear to be a coward and raise his son. It hadn't been any sort of a choice: Rumpelstiltskin had chosen Bae, the way he should have always done.

But now that he would not be leaving behind his child without anyone to care for him, Rumpelstiltskin was more than willing to fight Killian Jones. He would fight the pirate, and he would win. And when he did that, he would no longer have to put up with the insufferable idiot. Of course, if Jones was going to fight dirty, then the Dark One wouldn't hesitate to adapt; even though he was quite skilled, he was still at a disadvantage, with his leg.

The moment he set foot on the Jolly Roger, Killian Jones started taunting him, stating that he didn't think the pawn shop owner would actually show.

A grim little smile slipped onto Rumpelstiltskin's face as he stepped further onto the ship. "Of course I came," he said, as though it was the most natural thing in the world. "Why on earth would I pass up the opportunity to beat you a second time?" They'd both lost in their previous encounters, though the Dark One wasn't thinking about that. He was thinking about how much Hook had taken from him, and how he would dearly like to take it back from the man, in the form of dealing with him for good.

He let out a laugh as the pirate said that he was out of luck, adding some of the first words he'd ever said to Rumpelstiltskin, when he'd still been a humble spinner, trying to save his wife.

"Oh, I don't need luck to defeat you," Rumpelstiltskin taunted, an air of confidence around the shorter man. "And I don't need magic. I've beaten you before on my own skills, and I'm fully prepared to do it again." Rumpelstiltskin paused for a moment, raising the blade in his right hand. "You recognize this, don't you?" he said, and it was more of a statement than a question. "Killing a man with his own blade is still too good to resist," he said, letting out his signature high-pitched giggle, a sound that hadn't yet been heard in Storybrooke.

"I hope you've got your affairs in order, Captain," the Dark One spat, moving to circle the pirate, "because you won't live through this encounter." And without another word, he made the first move, blade cutting through the air with a speed and fluidity that one wouldn't expect from someone with his disadvantages.

KILLIAN JONES || Not the best thing to wear to a duel || In which the Dark One makes the first move.

Villains
this was posted Jun 16 2018, 06:03 PM

Revenge had to taste so sweet, didn't it? Hook could almost smell it, just like the salt blowing around in the air. As soon as he caught sight of Rumpelstiltskin making his way to the Jolly Roger, something almost childlike struck the pirate, putting a small bounce in his step as he stepped up onto the main hatch that led beneath the main deck. That eager attitude soured ever so slightly though, Rumple had a mouth on him that could cut through any arrogant pirate's pride. Beat him a second time, huh? While yes, Hook could admit, the Dark One had some skills behind him during their duel in that alleyway, he also had magic. This time...they were going to duel fair and square, even if Hook didn't actually have something that Rumple wanted! Belle was off...somewhere. Who the hell knew! All he knew was that Smee was good for some things...and this was one of them.

Sparking a meeting between old friends.

Ha! Friends! “Part of me has a hard time believing that, Dark One. Ever since you gained your dark magic...has there been anything you've done that wasn't aided by magic? Aside from cast your son aside, of course.” He snarled, clearly not as amused in his own arrogant attitude as Rumple tossed some (truthful) insults back. Beaten twice, no need for luck or magic, the nerve! Blue eyes stared towards the blade held up, a small frown on his lips as he recognized it. Ah, the ironies today. First Killian- Hook, with wanting to slay Rumple with his former lover's blade...and now here he was staring down his own sword. Neither man was going to win the ultimate irony badge today, at the very least. Both equally as thoughtful on that front, anyways.

“Your confidence almost has me impressed, Crocodile.” Hook finally reached for the dark blade at his side, a bitter look across his face as he didn't dare shift from his rightful place upon that hatch. It have him a bit of a kingly feel, that added height – not that he needed it against Rumpelstiltskin – but it just further drove that superior feeling into his mood. That cackle, the high pitched giggle of sorts that made Hook's skin crawl was back, and while it might have sent his stomach into a churning downward spiral, it didn't make the pirate step back by any stretch. No, he just kept his eyes on Rumple as he was circled, warned, and then lunged at. That was when Hook finally decided to move – stepping quickly off the hatch that he had been standing on and moving his blade quickly to intercept the swipe that had been coming his way.

“You couldn't have just left well enough alone, could you?” Another snarl, making sure that their blades were interlocked as he stepped closer to decrease the space between he and his adversary, it was a chance to spit some words during what had to be their last duel. No matter who lost...it would be the end of that. Now, Hook had danced with death a fair amount of times, but now staring at the fact that he could lose...it didn't actually scare him. He'd be reunited with Milah, no longer drowning in this miserable life in this shithole town...but he did still enjoy living. He needed to achieve his goal, what was his life worth if he didn't? “You couldn't have just taken that bloody deal, the bean, and left us alone. I'm simply taking a page out of your book, mate, revenge. You took her from me...and now...I'm going to take everything you've got.” Separating himself from Rumple and the blade his own had been locked with, Hook shifted a few quick steps, calculating his next move and waiting for the Dark One to move as he hoped. “All of this is your fault. Losing Milah, your son, everything. How can you still live with yourself knowing that?”

Just a few steps...that's all Hook needed.

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

Neutrals
this was posted Jun 25 2018, 10:54 PM
Rumpelstiltskin had quite the temper, and it had gotten him into trouble before. After all, if he hadn't let his emotions get the best of him in the first place, with Milah and Hook (though he'd only been Killian Jones, at that point), everything would have been different. He might have been able to follow after Bae without the need for the Dark Curse, and he could have found his son that much sooner.

But at the same time, he wouldn't have met Belle....., but he wouldn't have lost her, either. She probably would have been better off without knowing him, though he knew full well that he would have been missing out on one of the bright parts of his dark life. And the fact that Hook had tried to use that fact, the way he felt about Belle against him, well, it certainly made it hard to watch his temper.

The Dark One was determined, however, to do everything he could to keep from lashing out at the other man; he needed to think on his feet, to react, to adapt. He couldn't allow his strikes to be miscalculated or mistimed. One wrong move and he would end up at the pirate's mercy, something that he certainly didn't intend to happen today.

A dark, bitter laugh left Rumpelstiltskin at the mention of his son, and his eyes flashed dangerously. Hook certainly knew what buttons to push to do his best to rouse Rumpelstiltskin's anger. There wasn't a day that went by that he didn't blame himself for letting go of his son, and he couldn't even leave this town to go look for him, not until this curse of his devising was broken.

And this ridiculous duel with the pirate wasn't helping towards that end, that much was certain. He just wanted to get this over with, to defeat the pirate once and for all, and get back to doing what he could to manipulate Miss Swan into believing what her son said about Storybrooke. Because until she started to believe, she wouldn't be able to break the curse.

Instead of rising to the taunt, Rumple smirked when the pirate said that he was almost impressed by his confidence. That wouldn't be all he was impressed by, by the end of the day, the pawn shop owner would see to that. One of Hook's flaws was that he tended to underestimate people he perceived as weaker than he was, and Rumpelstiltskin would use that against him today.

Another mirthless laugh left him at the pirates words as their blades locked, and despite the fact that he was shorter than the pirate, Rumpelstiltskin's presence loomed larger than his stature. He'd been prepared to leave them alone, but Milah had pushed a step too far, the way she always had, and he'd reacted out of anger. Rumpelstiltskin had always had a temper, but the power of the Dark One had made it dangerous.

"I'd like to see you try to take everything from me now, pirate," Rumpelstiltskin spat, watching as the man moved a few steps, his dark eyes taking in the angle of his moves and the ship around them. Instead of following the pirate, he took a step in the opposite direction, sword held at the ready, calculating his next move.

Duels & revenge KILLIAN JONES || Wary Rumple is wary.

Villains
this was posted Jul 4 2018, 07:54 PM

What else was there to do? This was the moment that Hook had been waiting for. It had taken far longer than he ever anticipated or wanted, but now he was so close to fulfilling his goal...it almost made the man a bit too giddy on the inside. As if there was a real bounce in his step as he voiced each taunt. Why not try and make the Dark One squirm in the process? Belle, as far as Hook knew, was off...probably doing something unimportant, but why not dangle the brunette's safety in front of Rumple? He'd taken Milah, and now he was going to take whatever he could before ultimately slaying the bloody Crocodile. A land without magic, it had it's perks...and that meant hopefully and end to this monstrosity.

The best way to try and throw your enemy off guard was to dig deep under their skin, and while Rumpelstiltskin didn't look like a crocodile in this realm, he likely still had that thick scale-like skin that he once had in the Enchanted Forest. Just as Hook remembered. It wouldn't be easy for his words to ruffle the other man's feathers, but every attempt had to be made. Every jab was important, if it meant that he'd get one step ahead of the Dark One, then so be it! He'd spout off insults and taunts until he was blue in the face if that's what it took. Anything to seal his victory. The fact that he was getting laughter in response, it prompted a bitter smirk on Hook's own lips, not that he was finding too much amusement in Rumple's resistance...but something about it was almost admirable.

Hook hadn't been lying when he said he was almost impressed!

Blades locked, a few fancy movements, he had to hand it to the other man, he wasn't quite the coward or weakling that he had once been when they had first met all those years ago. The smirk was replaced by something a bit more agitated, a frown and a glare. “There is no 'try' about it.” He started to bark, making a few calculated but slow movements to the side, blue eyes remaining locked on the Dark One, but ultimately thinking about the layout of his ship, the rigging and where the sails would fall. Which way the booms would swing if the right ropes were severed. “Though the real question is...is there anything else to take? You do a fair job of running off happiness all on your own.” Who needed to play the villain in his story anyways? Rumple was good at getting people away from him, what was Hook needed for in that regard? Revenge, but that was part of Hook's tale more than it was the other man's.

Watching Rumple take one more step, Hook made a quick swipe for one of the ropes that was tightly held with pulley just up near the first boom in sight. The heavy metal pulley fell, and rather quickly, and that was the plan. Distract Rumple, if not land a heavy hit to the man's head or whatever he could snag, and as soon as that rope had been cut, the pirate darted forward, up and over the hatch that led below deck, making a direct charge towards the bloody demon he had waited so long to slay. Charging like a bull in a china shop, Hook had his blade pulled back and ready to thrust forward, either to clash blades or finally land a deadly blow...there was no mercy in each attempted hit towards good ol' Rumpelstiltskin. The sooner the bastard was dead, the sooner Hook could move on.

To what, exactly?

What Hook didn't notice was as that rope fell, and as he charged while seeing red, one of his leather-clad feet had ended up stepping over a loop of rope, some of the rigging he hadn't severed entirely was starting to loosen, ready to snap at any given moment – the victim wasn't looking to be the Dark One. Not this time anyways.

MR. GOLD Outfit cackles
©

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Tags
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

affiliates
sister sites