Updates.

July 8. The July Activity Check has ended! Any characters not represented in the check have been archived!

June 29. A new rule has been added to Storybrooke's essentials. Please check out the announcements board for more details.

April 11. Our latest town event has launched! A fundraiser to help put awareness into the wildlife surrounding Storybrooke! The festival includes a series of stalls housing food, crafts, games and all sorts of entertainment for people of all ages to enjoy, supported by Storybrooke volunteers, neighbors and friends! Be sure to stop by!

watch our video

Featured Want Ads
Site Stats
Heroes
Villains
Sidekicks
Neutrals
links Rules.
The Plot.
Canon List.
Who's Who.
Face Claims.
Application.
Want Ads.
Plotters.
Advertise.

Add Reply
New Poll

A Nudge in the Right Direction, Emma Swan
this member is currently Offline
Neutrals
MR. GOLD { Mr. Gold } ??? years old Male He/him Heterosexual Pawn shop owner
this was posted Apr 11 2018, 12:02 AM
Mr. Gold

Even though standing up to him had helped to win her the election, Mr. Gold had yet to pay a visit to the town's new sheriff. With everything that was changing around here, now that she'd shown up, he thought it was high time that he drop into the station, to see how she was settling into her new position. It wasn't every day that one came to a sleepy little town and slipped into the lives of its citizens so easily. She was right where she needed to be.

Of course, if he told her that, she might not believe him. And if she did believe him, she might resent that he'd helped her win the election. Well, more than she already did. But someone had to be the villain in the story; someone had to step forward and be the driving force, the bad guy against which all the heroes could fight, together. And more often than not, it was the man called Mr. Gold.

He was used to that position, by now; no one had ever really seen him as anything else, here, after all. And back in the Enchanted Forest, he'd been the Dark One for so long that just about everyone had simply been terrified of him. Everyone except for.....

....no. He couldn't afford to allow his thoughts to stray right now; he was here to see Miss Swan, to see if she was any closer to believing, any closer to being able to break the curse. And if she wasn't, to see what he could do to nudge her in the right direction.

"Ah, Miss Swan," he said by way of greeting when he saw the blonde, "I see you're settling in nicely."

I feel it deep within, It's just beneath the skin; I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I hate what I've become; The nightmare's just begun. I must confess that I feel like a monster

canon character This character is Rumpelstiltskin from The Miller. Known as Mr. Gold here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Cunning. ""I like small weapons, you see. The needle; the pen; the fine point of a deal.""
Heroes
EMMA SWAN { The Savior } Twenty-Eight years old Female She/her Heterosexual Sheriff of Storybrooke
this was posted Apr 13 2018, 09:47 PM
Chances lost
are hope's torn up pages
“Really?” Emma practically whined as she stared at the several papers that were left on her desk this morning. If there was one thing she hated more than the night shifts – which she took in stride considering she was the sheriff now – was the ridiculous amount of paperwork that came along with it. A heavy sigh escaped the blonde's lips, a frown on her face as she placed her hands at her hips, making those last few steps towards the desk in question and starting to shuffle through the sheets. Something about a festival...something about a break in...man, she needed coffee before settling into this one.

Quiet days were rather common since settling into her role as sheriff, but that was good, wasn't it? It meant there were no crimes being committed, which was better than having a super busy town...that just meant these slow paper filled days all the more agonizing, really. What she wouldn't give to fish some cat out of a tree by now. “Alright...let's get to it.” She shed her jacket, grabbing a seat at the desk and started to put the papers together, skimming them over and noticing a few recognizable names. Mr. Gold being one of them – he had been in a report? Oh, the victim of a break in, apparently. How...something. Terrible, of course, but Emma wasn't sure how to personally feel on the matter – had he deserved it? It wasn't a secret that he wasn't the most liked man in Storybrooke, more feared than anything, so it wasn't all that surprising that something had happened to the pawn shop. Not in Emma's world anyways.

Scanning over the report a bit more, Emma could hear footsteps moving into the small station, green eyes shifting before finally turning her head – as if just her thinking about Mr. Gold simply summoned him, Emma was a bit surprised to have any guest in the station today. Let alone...him. A nice greeting, nothing to be super skeptical of, but his very presence? That's what made the blonde as observant as possible, trying to read between whatever lines were laid out. Was this merely a social visit? Probably not. “Well, I guess that means my victory wasn't a mistake.” She shrugged a bit, stacking the papers and lining them up by tapping them on the top of the desk before stapling them together. “So what brings you down here, Gold? Are you here about the break in report? Because...I'll be honest, I haven't really looked over it yet, so if you're wanting to press charges against-” She peered at the paper, scanning the names and details. “-Killian Jones, then I can head out later?”

Or maybe it was a social visit, Emma didn't know, and it wasn't as if she was particularly busy, so...sparing a few minutes of her time wouldn't hurt. So long as she didn't end up in someone's pocket...that was what mattered to her.

#MR. GOLD #outfit #hope this was alright!!

©
People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them.
canon character This character is Emma Swan from Once Upon A Time. Known as The Savior here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Female known to be Headstrong. "Sorry, the only one who saves me is me."
Neutrals
this was posted Apr 15 2018, 01:17 AM
Mr. Gold

As the man observed their new sheriff, taking in the stack of papers that appeared to be new, that she needed to work through, he was glad he'd thought to stop off at Granny's to pick up a cup of coffee. The old woman herself had appeared skeptical at his order, but she'd filled it anyway, as he'd known she would. He'd thought it might be a nice gesture, to show up at the station, with a peace offering of sorts.

Emma looked up as he stepped further into the station's main area, and it was clear to him that his presence surprised her. It made sense, though; he wasn't exactly the sort to make social calls.

"Well, of course your victory wasn't a mistake," he replied, the corner of his mouth quirking up into something like a smile. "Sidney Glass may be a fine member of our community" (his tone belied his words) "but he's not exactly sheriff material. He'll do much better reporting the headlines than helping to make them."

It was at that point, however, that Emma asked why he was here, referencing the break-in at his shop. He wasn't planning to press charges; he had a much better way of handling Killian Jones. But considering that involved blackmail, he wasn't about to tell their dear old sheriff what he had planned.

No, instead, he placed the cup of coffee down on her desk, nudging it towards her with something of a smile.

"By all means, head out later," he agreed, "but I'm not here about that. I know you don't like me, Miss Swan," he started, resting both hands on his cane, "but I'm one of the most knowledgeable people in this town. I wanted to drop by, extend my considerable knowledge as a .... resource for you, if you will, if you decide you'd like to learn more about the place in which you've taken up residence." He doubted she'd take him up on the offer, not yet, anyway, but the way she reacted would tell him quite a great deal about where she was, currently, in regards to her thoughts about their little town.

EMMA SWAN || Still this ridiculousness || God, I love playing Rumple
I feel it deep within, It's just beneath the skin; I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I hate what I've become; The nightmare's just begun. I must confess that I feel like a monster

canon character This character is Rumpelstiltskin from The Miller. Known as Mr. Gold here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Male known to be Cunning. ""I like small weapons, you see. The needle; the pen; the fine point of a deal.""
Heroes
EMMA SWAN { The Savior } Twenty-Eight years old Female She/her Heterosexual Sheriff of Storybrooke
this was posted Apr 16 2018, 09:48 AM
Chances lost
are hope's torn up pages
The only company Emma ever really had out here was...well...she didn't get it. Regina had visited once, and that had been a less than savory visit, and on occasion Sydney Glass managed to make his way out here, but to see Gold within the station? Emma had to assume it had something to do with these charges, and whether he wanted them pressed or not. Regardless, she was putting on a professional front, even if she was still unsure of how to actually label the man. He was manipulative and seemed to have a hold of a lot of this town – it made her more than wary, which was probably for the better, trusting people came far too difficult for Emma as it was. Let alone people that just rubbed her the wrong way for a variety of reasons.

Sitting in her seat, staring at Mr. Gold before folding her arms, one leg crossed over the other as she reclined a bit in the desk chair that sat at her desk. Tilting her head slightly, Emma was a bit skeptical about this visit. The arch of her brow had to speak loud and clear, and while she was good at both shielding her feelings as well as speaking her mind, the blonde remained a bit quiet on the matter, waiting for the bomb to drop – if there was one. Somehow, it didn't seem like Gold was a man who was one for social visits.

Green eyes gazed towards the cup of coffee that had been placed on the desk and inched her way. An olive branch? Too bad it didn't come with a grilled cheese, but Emma wasn't going to start complaining, she had been ready to make a new pot of coffee as it was, this just saved her the time, but she didn't go reaching for it just yet. First, to figure out what this surprise visit was all about – if not the break in, then what? Opening her mouth, ready to say something in regards to not liking him, Emma was quick to correct the statement. “I wouldn't go so far as to say that.” She offered with a small, but not quite so chipper smile perking on the corners of her lips. “Trust is just hard to come by.” Especially for someone like Emma – and with someone like Gold? It almost felt like shady business on most days whenever she came across the man who owned the town.

But he was offering his knowledge? That earned a raise of her brows, a small ounce of surprise on her features as she rocked a bit in her seat, a little more nonchalant as she stared at one of the big wigs of Storybrooke. If he thought this meant he'd get favors from the sheriff's station...he had it all wrong. Emma, being blunt and to the point as she was on most cases, just had to ask. “And what's in it for you? Everything comes with a price, good deeds are hard to come by free around here, you know.” While getting a bit more insight on the town was always great, Emma wasn't sure she wanted to make that kind of deal, not unless she was desperate enough – thankfully she'd not been put in a situation where Gold was her only chance to success. The citizens of Storybrooke had been more than willing to help Emma fill in the blanks of this peculiar little town.

©

People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them.
canon character This character is Emma Swan from Once Upon A Time. Known as The Savior here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Female known to be Headstrong. "Sorry, the only one who saves me is me."
Neutrals
this was posted Apr 28 2018, 07:29 PM
Mr. Gold

This little meeting with Emma reminded him very much of making deals in the Enchanted Forest. Emma wasn't quite so desperate as others who'd come to seek him out, but she still had things she wanted, things she needed to learn about Storybrooke. And that was where he could come in, if she chose to accept his offer of help. If not, well, that would tell him what he needed to know, too. He would continue to keep an eye on her, either way, to give her a nudge if or when she needed one.

Of course, it would be much easier to help direct her towards the truth if she trusted him, at least a little bit, and it would be a lot easier to earn that trust if he stayed on her good side. Which was one of the reasons he'd brought the coffee.

But when she said that she wouldn't go so far as to say that she disliked him, a little smile found its way onto Mr. Gold's lips. "Well, then I'd say there's hope for us yet," he commented, watching Emma closely as he spoke, "After all, even the possibility of hope can be a very powerful thing." He knew full well he was saying something quite similar to what her mother (though she didn't know/believe that they were related) had told her, but he wondered if she'd notice. For someone that was supposed to be quite observant to the world around her, being the sheriff, she certainly did miss some of the glaringly obvious things that set this town apart from everywhere else in the country.

There was one thing that she was catching onto, at least, and that was that everything came with a price. No one offered anything out of the goodness of their heart, as she so rightly pointed out, and he was certainly no exception.

"Well, I think making sure the sheriff is familiar with her jurisdiction is something that's in it for me, in and of itself," he said, but he knew that wasn't what she was saying. What did he get out of offering her his knowledge of the town? What was his motive for doing such a thing? "If you're expecting me to have you in my pocket, that's not at all what I was suggesting, Miss Swan," Mr. Gold told her, a half smile on his face. "No, what I want is something much simpler. To be kept appraised, within legal limits, of course, on what's going on in the town. I can't be everywhere at once, after all, and I like to know what's happening." He had his own eyes and ears in town already, but he was quite curious to see how she might respond to his....suggestion.

EMMA SWAN || Suit || In which Rumple acts smarter than everyone.

Heroes
this was posted May 12 2018, 07:00 PM
Chances lost
are hope's torn up pages
Since gaining this job...Emma had been visited by an array of people. Her new title seemed to attract attention – then again, she had no trouble gaining attention since her yellow bug crossed the town line – but this one had to take the cake. She'd expected Regina, she'd gotten congratulatory sentiments from the occasional passer by, but having Gold waltz in? Well, you can bet Emma was a bit more than skeptical but she wasn't brushing him off by any stretch. The man was powerful, and while that could be seen as a bad thing, it could also be seen as an opportunity. Question was, why was he offering such...kindness? Truth be told, it just didn't sound like something Mr. Gold would willingly participate in – not unless there was some grand prize at the end of it all for him.

She didn't hate the man, nor did she fear him, but Emma was going to be cautious. Everything came with a price, but he hadn't done much to cross her. Not yet. Wasn't it better to give everyone the benefit of the doubt? She had been willing with Regina, then the woman just pushed her far too much. That being said, Emma was on her 'best' behavior most of the time...if only for Henry's sake. Green eyes continued to stare towards Gold, a small twitch of amusement pulling at the corners of her lips. That definitely sounded like something Mary Margaret would say...weird. “I didn't take you for the 'optimistic speech' kind of guy.” Though it was hardly a speech at all, just a sentence.

One that just...didn't quite sit with Emma for whatever reason.

So just what was in it for good ol' Mr. Gold, then? With a cautious gaze, Emma finally reached forward to take the coffee that had been brought to her, eyes never daring to flicker away from Gold as he spoke, explaining his intentions and clearing a bit of the air – Emma was not going to be in someone's pocket. Regina already had victims to that, she wasn't going to be a victim to anyone in that regard – or in general if she could help it. Since winning that election, since playing a fair game, Emma really wanted to keep herself on the straight and narrow. A very 'by the book' sort of gal to ensure that Henry could see that the good guys didn't lose. That no one had to stoop to a 'villain's' level to get what they wanted or get a certain outcome. She was going to do all of this the right way, even if it meant standing up to those you didn't dare challenge. She'd already proven time and time again that she wasn't going to be pushed around – and wasn't going to stand for others to be shoved either.

It was almost comical! It earned yet another surprised raise of her brows, never getting an opportunity to actually get any of that coffee. “So...you just want me to report in from time to time then? Give you the run down of things that have been going on – within legal limits...?” She repeated back, mostly to herself so that she could continue to mull over the words. It didn't seem like a bad idea...there were pros and cons attached to it though. “That almost sounds too good to be true, you know.” Given his reputation? Deals were...not something you wanted to make with Mr. Gold, even Henry had warned her once upon a time about that. However, that being said, Emma didn't sense anything malicious about this one, her little lie detector within wasn't going off the charts, but still there was something that just...rubbed her in an uncomfortable or uncertain manner.

“Aside from the Mayor? You probably know more about this town than most, and if information is all you want from me...I'd say it'd probably be stupid to pass the offer up.” While Emma didn't exactly trust this one hundred percent, she was going to take a leap of faith, a risk, and hope it didn't come back to bite her in the ass. “For now, I'll say you've got yourself a deal-” Narrowing her gaze and adding a bit more sternness to it for a quick moment, Emma was ready to issue a warning that came along with it. “-however, should anything with this information exchange of an arrangement start going in a direction that I don't like? Deal's off.” Small smile – the kind that told others you loved getting your way – and finally taking a sip of that coffee he'd brought. Granny's had some of the best food and beverages. “I guess I'm learning something new every day, hope talk and now finding out you're a man of great coffee taste. Color me surprised.” All said with a hint of humor.

Who knows? Maybe having a strong and powerful ally on your side was exactly what Emma needed at the end of it all.

©
Neutrals
this was posted Jun 9 2018, 04:24 PM
Rumpelstiltskin observed the young woman closely, watching her carefully to see how she would react to his words. Most people's faces were even more expressive than they realized, though there were those that were able to keep from being read. Miss Swan was halfway between the two categories, though he didn't doubt that people who were less experienced than he was at reading others would have been fooled.

He saw the amusement twitch at the corner of her lips as his comment about hope; it certainly wasn't the sort of thing that he'd say normally. Something that the young sheriff commented on, bringing it to his attention, showing him that she knew that wasn't his style.

A little smirk slipped onto his own face at that, and he shook his head with a little laugh. "Oh, I'm generally not," he agreed, "but one has to learn how to adapt to one's surroundings, Miss Swan, and your arrival has certainly started to change this quaint little town." He was well aware of how stagnant thing shad been before Emma Swan found her way to Storybrooke. The town's residents were none the wiser, but he knew a lot more than he'd let on. He'd prepared for this curse, after all, and he'd been right where he'd wanted to be when it had been cast in the first place.

Emma finally accepted the coffee that Mr. Gold had brought to her, and he offered her a small smile as she did so. Accepting the coffee wasn't accepting his offer, not quite yet, but it was a good first start. It meant that she believed, at the very least, that he hadn't done anything to try to poison her. Besides which, poison wasn't exactly his style; if he'd wanted to hurt her, he would have done it by now.

The young woman repeated the pawn shop owner's words, as though to make sure she fully understood just what it was he was asking, before she added that it sounded too good to be true. A little smirk slipped onto Rumpelstiltskin's face at that; Emma Swan was being cautious, which was both a good thing and a bad thing, as far as he was concerned. It meant that she wouldn't allow herself to be easily bamboozled, but at the same time, it also meant that it would keep her from believing, and the town needed....he needed her to do just that.

After another moment, Emma conceded that Mr. Gold probably knew more about the town than most, other than the Mayor. His smile didn't waver at all, despite the fact that he knew more about Storybrooke than Regina ever could. He'd created the curse, after all, and he knew the limitations this town had. But then, the sheriff said that he had a deal, for now, and only while everything continued in a direction with which she was all right.

She took a sip of her coffee, before adding that she learned something new every day, what with his talk of hope and good taste in coffee. Rumpelstiltskin let out a little laugh at that, reaching forward to offer Emma a hand to shake, a symbol of their agreement.

"I look forward to working with you, Miss Swan," he said, his tone pleasant and mild. He'd managed to get exactly what he wanted from her today, and they'd have to see how this arrangement worked out. He had quite the plans, after all.

Plans & deals EMMA SWAN || Sorry for the wait!

Heroes
this was posted Jun 20 2018, 08:54 PM
Chances lost
are hope's torn up pages
Emma was observant – you needed to be in her line of work, not just as a sheriff, but as a former bail bonds woman? Every detail was crucial, and you got a better read on people that way. While Mr. Gold wasn't the most trustworthy from what she had heard – maybe even borderline terrifying to some – Emma wasn't afraid. She was the type to stand up to devious behavior, to face the danger head on with a stubborn attitude, and this was no exception. However, Gold have given her no reason to suspect foul play here, he seemed to be genuine in his little...congratulatory visit, or whatever you wanted to call it. That didn't mean Emma wasn't watching, staying on her metaphorical toes, because she always was. Trust was such a hard thing to come by, it didn't matter who you were.

“It's about time. Seems Storybrooke has been in the same rut for so long...change is a good thing. For some anyways.” No one had really ever realized just how dull and stagnant this town had been. No one had ever really questioned the rules around here, not until she waltzed into town, that is. Emma took some pride in that, not that she wanted to be the poster child for the 'winds of change' or some other way of labeling what was going on. Sticking it to Regina Mills was a perk in all of this change, the other woman seemed a bit intimidated by it all, but that didn't matter. So long as Henry was happy and safe, that was Emma's ultimate goal.

So making an alliance with Gold? Not exactly the wisest of choices, but Emma had her conditions. She was going to keep herself safe and not bound to some invisible contract between herself and the man who practically owned the majority of the town. So long as she could back out of any deal she struck with the man, that was alright with her. He had information that could be important to her in due time, and relaying the daily news back to him wasn't all that difficult, was it? Not much happened here, a few things to shake it up, but nothing that really called for a great deal of attention. Emma didn't suspect that to change anytime soon. It was the little things that added up, the little things that no one paid much mind to until they became big things.

Taking a sip of the coffee, working on leading this little alliance-building-conversation to a close, Emma just flashed a small smile. It seemed they were in agreement, considering there was no retaliation on her conditions, which made it easier to accept the handshake before her. “Good.” A firm shake before getting up from her seat, this meeting was adjourned, it was simple, both parties were happy with their side of the deal...and Emma had to be very careful at what she asked. She wanted to know more about the town, it's people and what she really was stepping into. Was there a little bit of uncertainty floating around in that mind of hers regarding the deal she had just made? Sure, maybe a little...or a lot.

Why did it feel like she had just signed her life away? A deal with the devil? Whatever, it wouldn't be her first time tangoing with forces she wasn't all that sure about. So long as she got her way in the end...that was what mattered.

#MR. GOLD #outfit #that’s a wrap!

©

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Tags
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

affiliates
sister sites