Updates.

July 8. The July Activity Check has ended! Any characters not represented in the check have been archived!

June 29. A new rule has been added to Storybrooke's essentials. Please check out the announcements board for more details.

April 11. Our latest town event has launched! A fundraiser to help put awareness into the wildlife surrounding Storybrooke! The festival includes a series of stalls housing food, crafts, games and all sorts of entertainment for people of all ages to enjoy, supported by Storybrooke volunteers, neighbors and friends! Be sure to stop by!

watch our video

Featured Want Ads
Site Stats
Heroes
Villains
Sidekicks
Neutrals
links Rules.
The Plot.
Canon List.
Who's Who.
Face Claims.
Application.
Want Ads.
Plotters.
Advertise.

Add Reply
New Poll

008. Summertime Reminders - Site updates!
this member is currently Offline
Admin
RAZZY { Razzy } 23 years old Female She/Her Heterosexual General Admin
this was posted Jun 9 2018, 09:41 PM
008. Summertime Reminders! Summer has struck Storybrooke!

With the summer season comes vacations, enjoying the great outdoors, and let's face it, everyone gets a bit swamped during these months it seems (be it work, family commitments or other things of the like). As Storybrooke continues to progress towards a big curse break plot to bust open several doors for our characters...there is the NOW we need to worry about! I'll go through a few of the changes and reminders that need to be looked over as we continue onward! Thanks so much everyone for being amazing and flexible as we implement changes needed to keep this place running smoothly!

First thing is first, Activity - and with that comes the Activity Checks! We run activity checks at the first of every month through the seventh, so a week long affair and EVERY character is to be represented in this otherwise that character is archived - unless you have an away posted before the activity check has started. With the activity check, all you have to do is follow the code, post your alias, those you are keeping and those you are dropping, and then link a post for each character as proof that you've met the requirements for that designated check! Easy right?

That moves me onto the newest addition to our rules. We do not want Storybrooke to fall under, or to run stagnant because people aren't posting. While we understand posts come after real life debacles, we can't keep people waiting so long! So we are enforcing a post minimum rule, and hopefully that can help us remain steady and progress with our plots even faster! It's no fun to snail your way along, right? Each character must have ONE in-character post every two weeks. That's two posts a month minimum per character, guys, it's so easy to achieve that! Staff will be watching this very carefully and if there seems to be an issue with keeping to this rule, we will contact you and try to sort it out and see what it best for both the player as well as the site itself. Jumping in to post just for the sake of the activity check is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. We're all here to have fun, after all!

With activity...the activity checks...and a post minimum requirement, I'll jump to the last comment on the whole "ACTIVITY" thing. The away board. It is there for a reason. If you know you are going to be gone, or things are getting stressful and you won't be able to post for a bit, or you just might be slow for a time, PLEASE USE THIS BOARD to keep not only staff aware of where you are, but to let your roleplay partners know you aren't ghosting them! It's so hard to keep track of who is staying and who is going since communication seems to be the HARDEST thing in the roleplay realm. Aways will save you for one activity check if it breezes by. Do not drop messages on Discord in place of the away board, this will not count and can get lost and forgotten! Please utilize the tools we have laid out for you!

Next note on my list of things to go through...questions! The chat box! All of it! The staff members are here to help and have the answers you need. If by chance we have a guest, or one of you has a question, please allow the staff team to answer. We don't want to give out false information that can be argued later on. "Well so-and-so said this..." and So-and-so could be dead wrong. Please leave all site related questions to the staff!

Last but certainly not least. We want to keep the chat box a fun place for everyone. Not to mention, it is also the first thing that most guests see, so if there is a problem that needs to be addressed, please send it to a staff member via the personal messenger, or if said staff member isn't busy, drop a message to them on discord and the issue will be taken care of accordingly. On that note, let's keep our cbox clean and ensure that "inappropriate" comments are NOT made. Jokes are fun and what not, but if they seem questionable, odds are you shouldn't post it! Save those for your private conversations.

Sorry for all the rambling, but these are important details that needed to be reiterated! Hope everyone has a fun and safe summer, and let's get back to all of our amazing plots!

- The Admin Team

You call it an obsession, I call it dedication.
canon character This character is Razzle Dazzle from Storybrooke AU. Known as Razzy here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Female known to be squishy. "I'm a swirly noot noot"
this member is currently Offline
Admin
RAZZY { Razzy } 23 years old Female She/Her Heterosexual General Admin
this was posted Jun 29 2018, 01:56 PM
008. Activity Rule Update! Hello residents of Storybrooke!

After much deliberation between myself and the other staff members, we have decided to revamp our rules, go over the essentials and change a few things around to better how the site operates. While we haven’t gotten a chance to go over the rules (we don’t intend to change them a ton, just reword and tweak) there is one new rule that is going into effect on July 1st.

Activity is important, and while we are not a RAPID FIRE site, we do like to consider ourselves reasonably paced, so with that we have decided to change our activity rule. While we require one post for the activity check, we are also now requiring one post, per canon, every two weeks at bare minimum! We felt this was reasonable and it will help keep us from harboring one post a month offenders. We want to progress our site plot and need everyone to do it! We are not adding any new activity checks aside from the monthly one but staff will be watching activity carefully.

Please use the time of the activity check this next week to do what you need to accommodate this new rule we are putting in place. Everyone is being held accountable, members, staff, everyone!

With that now on your minds, I’d like to reiterate the absence board that we have. That will save everyone a ton of headaches, and everyone here is pretty good about using it. But that will save you if you are going to be gone or can’t post to meet the requirements for a time. Please be sure to give us an approximate date of return with those away messages!

Thanks for being so cooperative with us and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to a staff member and we’ll do our best to help and explain everything that’s going on.

Stay tuned for more updates and little changes as we blast through this summer!

- The Admin Team

You call it an obsession, I call it dedication.
canon character This character is Razzle Dazzle from Storybrooke AU. Known as Razzy here in Storybrooke. In the movies they were a Female known to be squishy. "I'm a swirly noot noot"
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Tags
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

affiliates
sister sites